When doing household chores such as washing up, cleaning or gardening, always use gloves as there are many chemicals in cleaning products that affect the look and condition of your nails.
• Always remember to moisturise your hands after washing them, to keep your skin and nail beds soft and smooth, I stock a range of CND hand lotions at the salon as well as CND Solar Oil. The use of cuticle oil (Solar Oil) is highly recommended, twice a day. This will nourish the root of the nail thus producing stronger healthier nails.
• Be extra careful in the first 24 hours of your treatment; avoid heat such as saunas or sunbeds during this period of time. Also avoid areas with high chlorine such as swimming pools in this period too.
• Chlorine may lift Gels, although this is not highly likely there is still a chance. Rinse hands thoroughly after swimming to make sure the chlorine is removed.
• Sun tan lotions and insect repellent also have chemicals in them that may lift your nails. Either try and avoid the lotion going on to the nails, or thoroughly wash your hands after applying.
• Never attempt to remove the product without any prior advice as incorrect removal can result in damage to your natural nails. If you want to change the nail colour at home, remove the current colour on your nail enhancements with non-acetone nail polish remover. Also, use a base coat before putting on your desired colour; this will avoid the nail enhancements or your natural nails staining.
• Do not pick or peel off nail extensions as this can damage your natural nails extensively. Removal is best done at a salon, as the correct removal procedures are taken.